Back to Calendar
Suggestions by RJ Ronconi
• Introduce drone fames if you intend to use them for mite control.
• Add honey supers to avoid overcrowding and swarming.
• Do an ether roll mite count. Mite population will explode if it is already high.
• Clean up extracting equipment if you intend to extract during summer.
• Check your queens' vitality. Do you need to requeen? Is there any supersedure going on?
• Look for chalkbrood mummies. It seems to be getting more common especially during humid weather.
• While manipulating hive notice frames, comb or supers that need to be repaired, replaced and mark.
• Make sure new foundation added earlier is being drawn out.