Back to Calendar
Suggestions by RJ Ronconi
• Keep putting on those honey supers.
• Test for varroa or it will get out of control.
• Check electric fence. Bears will be fattening up soon for winter. That brood in your hives smells delicious and provides lots of protein for a hungry bear. Lightning can put your fence out of commission.
• Check hives for strength and presence of queens.
• Queenless or weak hives will not make it through the winter. This is a good time to requeen if necessary or combine weak hives with strong ones. Take your winter losses now on your own terms. Combining will make stronger hives to insure survival through long winter months.
Website Design by Durhamvalleygraphics.com